Raises the bar on performance
- Accomplish more in less time. Attain printing and copying speeds as fast as 45 ppm and a quick first page out with Instant-on Technology. Get consistently great-looking output with a choice of HP FastRes 1200 for speedy day-to-day printing or HP ProRes 1200 for true 1200 by 1200 dpi for those extra critical jobs where only the best will do.
- Boost workgroup efforts and easily integrate documents into office workflows. The MFP comes standard with send-to-e-mail and network folder capability, as well as network authentication, and LDAP support. The HP Digital Sending Software (DSS) 4.31 lets you send documents to ftp sites and fax services, including LAN fax, Internet fax, and Windows® 2000/XP fax services.
- Process documents effortlessly. The 50-sheet reversing automatic document feeder (ADF) eliminates the need to manually feed originals, even two-sided documents. Conserve paper with automatic two-sided printing and copying.
Radical simplicity—easy to succeed
- Work without interruption. Original HP LaserJet print cartridges employ HP Smart printing technology to keep you up and running. The cartridge sends alerts when supplies are low, and even helps you reorder through HP SureSupply. Pages remaining data helps you determine if supplies are adequate to complete your job.
- Experience easy, reliable, best-in-class networking with the IPv6-ready HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet embedded print server. HP Web Jetadmin offers remote installation, configuration, and proactive management for all your networked peripherals. HP Embedded Web Server performs remote diagnostics, sends e-mail alerts, provides job tracking/accounting, and easy reordering of supplies.
- Enjoy remarkably simple interaction. Take control of your MFP’s complete feature set with a new, intuitive user interface that clearly displays all available options. Navigate with ease using Windows emulation icons that visually walk you through procedures and helpful wizards that assist with setup.
- Delight in the luxury of local storage. Save time and eliminate frustration with the embedded hard drive. Use the highcapacity storage to keep local copies of frequently used documents, such as invoices or expense reports. Use “proof and hold” to check one copy before printing the rest—right from the control panel. Need privacy? Print sensitive material with password access protection.
Grows with your business
- Increase your options. Take advantage of market-leading HP and third-party solutions via open DIMM and EIO slots and a foreign interface port. Choose from a variety of solutions, including wireless, Gigabit Ethernet, or IPsec compatible networking, additional fonts or memory, business process forms, barcode printing, document capture, job accounting, and enhanced security.
- Configure output abilities to suit your needs. Choose a stapler/stacker that can staple up to 30 sheets and stack up to 500 sheets. Or, you may select the 3-bin mailbox for separating print, copy, and fax jobs, assigning mailboxes for users, or stacking up to 700 sheets.
- Focus on your work rather than tending to your MFP. With a total input capacity of up to 2,100 sheets, you’ll spend less time loading paper. Business mailings are a snap with the optional 75-sheet envelope feeder.